- PennEast foes say company is making false statements in bid for public support
Opponents of the proposed PennEast Pipeline are accusing its builders of making false statements about what the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has said about the project. The PennEast website invites supporters to sign a form letter to FERC urging it to give final approval to the project on the basis that FERC has said the [...]
- As pipelines alleviate natural gas glut, prices rise for producers in Northeast
The growing network of pipelines from the Marcellus and Utica Shales means natural gas producers in the region are starting to earn more money for their product, according to an analysis from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Daily natural gas spot prices at three regional hubs in the Northeast are still below the Henry Hub national [...]
- Fracking not viable in UK’s “deformed” rocks.
The UK’s new dash for unconventional oil and gas has come 55 million years too late, according to a leading Scottish academic.
- Wildfires are a climate change wake-up call.
Today's wildfires are a wake-up call. If we are serious about our Paris Agreement commitments, we can't build more pipelines, expand oil sands, continue fracking or exploit extreme Arctic and deep-sea oil.
- New Rodent Population Models May Inform Human Health Risk Assessment and Identification of Genetic Susceptibility to Environmental Exposures
Introduction Environmental scientists worldwide are tasked with assessing health risks of environmental exposures to chemicals, and the methodology used to assess risks is continually evolving. Chemical risk assessments involve evaluation of exposure and prediction of health risks and outcomes with the goal to inform decision making to control or otherwise respond to environmental hazards. Biological […]
- Elemental Sulfur Use and Associations with Pediatric Lung Function and Respiratory Symptoms in an Agricultural Community (California, USA)
Introduction Elemental sulfur, “the oldest of all pesticides” (Klaassen 2013; Kuklińska et al. 2013), is permitted on both conventional as well as organic crops (U.S. Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, https://www.ecfr.gov/) and represents the most heavily used crop protection chemical in California and Europe (CDPR 2015; Klaassen 2013; PAN Germany 2003; Federal Office of Consumer […]